Sunday, September 26, 2010

Update - Sunday, September 26, 2010

John V. Karavitis, John Karavitis, Karavitis, KC9ISD, Amazon, YouTube, MySpace, Twitter, BigSight, etc.  Hey there everybody.  It's been a while since I last blogged re my running.  Sorry about the lapse, I have of course been Twittering, and my results are, of course, on Athlinks.

So, ran in the Peapod Half Madness 10K in Batavia, IL, on Sunday, Sept. 5, 2010.  Time:  63 minutes, 31 seconds.  Great effort given this was my first 10K in about 20 years (!!).  I surprised myself, I thought I'd be bringing it in in about 72 to 75 minutes.  63 minutes is very good.

Yesterday I jogged/walked 13 miles, basically a half marathon.  I felt good yesterday, and I feel good today (didn't run today).  I think that if I keep it up and don't have any lapses in training, I should be able to do my next 10K in UNDER 60 minutes.  I think that my speed will get better with more mileage and losing a few more pounds.  My legs, etc., all feel great, even given the 13 miles I covered yesterday.  I think that's pretty good!

Next year, I'll be thinking seriously about running in half marathons.  I think that if I can lose a few more pounds, I will speed up A LOT.

Stay tuned!  John V. Karavitis, John Karavitis, Karavitis, KC9ISD, Amazon, YouTube, MySpace, Twitter, BigSight, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment